Monday, May 30, 2011

Six Minute Blog


Life has really caught up to me in the past few weeks. School is winding down and between finishing the tennis season and studying for exams I have been absolutely pinned against a wall with things to do. 

That being said, I also haven't been able to find much time for me. My freshman year in high school was a very hard year for me and ever since then I have sort of lost who I am as a person. I had to rebuild myself from the ground up and, let me tell you, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. This year I have really focused on becoming myself again. I have come so far in this short amount of time, but then ( as I have said before ) life caught up to me. Instead of being able to take five minutes a day just to focus on myself as a human being I was forced to use that time little by little until, eventually, I had no time at all in the day to even think properly. 

So, this week I am going to start making more time for myself, and I challenge you to do the same. 
For at least five minutes a day take the time to do something you want to do. For me it will be playing tennis, reading countless monologues, and laying in the grass in my backyard staring at the clouds. 

Every morning when you wake up, sit up in bed and [while smiling] think nothing but good thoughts about yourself for at least five minutes. It doesn't seem like much, but it will help start your day off right.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them." 

- Albert Einstein 

3 comments:

  1. You're awesome. I think this is a great idea; it's not particularly demanding and it can completely change a day, and even your life if you apply it everyday. I look up to you as a person and I'm glad that you've been a part of my life, and I hope that we can become close friends again like we used to! I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are an amazing person Erica! Find yourself again, and when you do hold onto that and don't let it go. As cliche as this is going to sound . . . "just be yourself". <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great idea, Erica! Also, we should definitely get together sometime this summer and play tennis. :)

    ReplyDelete