Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We Need to Save This World From "People Who Don't Know the Difference Between a Tony Award and Tony Hawk. "

The Tony Awards.


What more can I say? Perfection. Madness. Genius. All words that describe those presenting and receiving awards. It is the most magical night one can witness. To be there, sitting in the audience, must be a pure adrenaline rush. It would take all I have to remain in my seat and not sprint down the aisle at Andrew Rannells. 

If you didn't already know, I am a huge musical theatre fanatic. If I'm not on Facebook, reading, or out with my friends, you can find me researching the latest and greatest musical. 

What better a way to show my excitement for the theatre than to blog about the Tony's. 

If you don't know what they are, the Tony Awards are pretty much just like the Emmy's, the Grammy's, the Golden Globe's, or any other major awards ceremony out there. The difference is, these celebrities aren't usually found on posters or being played over the radio. In fact, some would say they are hardly even celebrities, they are just on broadway. If you still are unaware of what the Tony Awards are, check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Award

Neil Patrick Harris is perfection. And, if you don't feel like reading my entire blog, watch this video of Neil Patrick Harris giving a rundown on what happened that night:



Other than that, here is a brief summary of the night's events:

“The Book of Mormon” - 9 including Best Musical

“War Horse” - 5 including Best Play

“Anything Goes” - 3 including Best Revival of a Musical

“The Normal Heart” - 3 including Best Revival of a Play

One each for “Catch Me If You Can,” “Good People,” “How to Succeed…,” “The Importance of Being Earnest,” “Jerusalem,” and “Priscilla Queen of the Desert”


The numbers, of course, are referring to the amount of Tony's each show  received.






I am a huge advocate of the newest broadway show The Book of Mormon. I am also a huge fan of the actor who plays the main character in the show. I'll take two helpings of Andrew Rannells to go, please!


Rannells performed "I Believe", a song from the show, that night as well. My heart melted.






It was a night of spectacular performances and broadway celebrities. If you have time to watch, go on Hulu, I'm sure it's on there. If you don't have the time then try and watch next year. After you watch the Tony's for the first time, Tony Awards night will be your favorite holiday too! 




"When I come into the theatre I get a sense of security. I love an audience. I love people, and I act because I like trying to give pleasure to people."

Vivien Leigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment